So in my typical fashion, it seems that I would start a post out with something along the lines of, “holy smokes! I am behind!” or something like that — so, I’m going to skip that cuz you are already expecting it. (See what I did there?)
After the Grand Canyon last year, 2015 wasn’t supposed to be a very big year. I mean, yeah – Yo Momma’s is a given that I was going to do, cuz I have to kick that bitches ass! But, it’s the kids’ turn to take a vacation. Not quite sure where we are going to go, but we’ll have fun!
However, the way this year seems to be shaping up, it is going to be one of my highest mileage ones yet! So far this year my schedule looks like this;
- January — I already ran a Art Moore Fatass 50k. Actually, my second fastest ever with a time of 5hrs47min!! (more on this one shortly)
- February —Winter Run for Regis 50k
- March — Pilot Mountain Marathon — North Carolina, St. Patrick’s Day Fatass 25/50k
- April — Mohican Forget the PR 50k
- May — O24, and Maybe 50’s for Yo Momma? Plus I’m planning on going to cheer someone on in their first 70.3 tri
- June — Aside from my Leah having A BABY!!!! Looks like we are doing an Ultra Ragnar Relay in the Appalachians
- July —
- August — BikeMS
- September — Woodstock 5k, Woodstock 50k, Woodstock 5k, Not Yo Mommas 100 Miler
- October — Javelina 100 Miler — Arizona
- November — Bills’ Badass 50k
- December —
The months I have nothing to do should still be pretty big. Planning on training for Not Yo Mommas hard this year. Then December? Maybe that could be a rest month 🙂
So. I ran the Art Moore Fatass 50k again last weekend. I’m not going to go into how this Fatass started, I did that in an earlier blog post since I’ve run this before — click here if you would like to know more)
The weather was a little warmer than it was last year but this year instead of cold and snow, it was chilly and rainy. I ran the first 14 miles of it with my buddy Eddie, who by the way is a much stronger runner than I am — who I probably owe a bit of my finish time to him. I don’t race at all, especially a fatass, but I have to admit it was kind of cool to finish this one in my second fastest time and in 5th place!
I was very happy with this run! I’ve been having a difficult time on long runs lately and I know my problem stems from not taking in enough calories. I’ve experimented with Perpetuem this time and while during a 50k I would normally take in about 700-900 calories (6 GUs + food at an aid station), this time I took in nearly 2000calories! I felt great — my legs were a bit tired from being under trained, but that is something I know how to fix! Click here for my data from this run.
I really am going to try and keep my blog updated better. I was supposed to be entering our runner profiles for Team OUTRUN but the website is being revamped. I’ll post a link to it soon. Also have so much more to blog about already this year!
Stay tuned, there are some REALLY exciting things happening!